Take 3

I’m just gonna start this one on Friday. Not to say the rest of the week was not fun, but it seems so long ago at this point I don’t remember enough detail to do it justice.

We started Friday off at the butterfly garden. I’ve already logged my observations on this one, but it was pretty fun nonetheless. I did a little exploring by the river after checking out the butterflies. There was a lot of trash there.

Friday night, the ULACIT students decided they felt bad for us and took us out to town for a bit. I’m not sure exactly how the decision-making process developed, but I’m pretty sure they decided to take us to the rougher part of town after we told them we had already been where they initially planned for.

Inside, the music was ridiculously loud. Unpleasantly loud. Eardrum piercing loud. The music choice did not help, as it was mostly treble, with a fair share of laser and horn noises thrown in.

At this point, I should probably mention that I had lost my wallet two days prior. As a result, Jeff–being the amazingly kind man that he is–covered a drink for me. Unfortunately, it never came when it was supposed to come. Lacking a receipt, we showed our waiter Jeff’s phone, clearly noting the charge for the drink. The waiter proceeded to grab Jeff’s phone to show the bar, and decided not to return. Fortunately, our much more responsible ULACIT friends tracked him down and convinced him to return the lost item. Eventually he came out with the drink too, maybe he felt bad.

The rest of the night was spent with Jake showing off his absolutely captivating dance moves, and Brendon stealing the hearts of every woman in the club–though one especially. It was a good night, and we didn’t get out too late, since we had a long weekend ahead of us.

The next morning, I planned to take a 7:00 bus to Jaco, while the rest of the boys hopped along onto the 9:00. I didn’t end up waking up in time. Then the 9:00 was full. So I just came along and hoped to grab some standing space. Turns out they all screwed up their tickets, so we were all standing. Fun ride.

Upon landing, we quickly hiked over to Playa Hermosa, Jaco’s much nicer cousin just around the corner. Obviously, I already wrote about this place in my previous post, but Il’d like to reiterate just how much more beautiful it is. It is playa hermosa, after all.

We grabbed some lunch, then headed to the nearest surf shop and grabbed a couple of surfboards. They were a little lacking in the longboard department, so while I was set, the boys had a bit of a learning curve.