i didn’t get sunburned this week!

hello gang,

It’s now the end of week three, and it honestly wild how fast time has gone. I blame the early sunset, the days seem to end right after they get going. This week was more of the same in the classroom. Dr. Wettergreen and I pushed the teams to keep going and working even with out a lot of the materials that they hoped to have by now. While this section of 200 certainly doesn’t look the same as a typical one, the groups are certainly building proficiency in solving their problems without the endless resources at the OEDK.

The cooking this week was really solid. Walsh and I made rice and chicken bowls on Monday, taking advantage of the near free avocados that are available here. The produce is honestly so nice, I’m going to miss it next week. Alice and Brendan treated us with some homemade burgers too, which were really solid. I’m a big fan of having the evening downtime to cook and vibe.

Wettergreen sent us to a local butterfly garden on Friday to practice our observational skills, and it ended up being a nice break from class. Here are some cool pics from my adventure there.

On Friday evening, we got to go out with some local university students from ULACIT. They made a whole plan for us, and we got dinner and went to one of their favorite bars. It was nice how eager they were to share what they enjoyed with us.

This weekend we escaped back to the beach, but this time it was to Playa Hermosa. It was very cloudy on saturday which helped with my goal of avoiding the horrible sunburn I got the first week. We got a surf board to share, but James lead us on a little in the surfability of the waves for the beginners like me. He spent most of the weekend out there shredding some waves though, and it was fun to watch him and the other real surfers enjoying the water.

Now I’m back in San Jose getting ready for the last week. I seem to have collected even more things on my to-do list, and even less time to do them in. I know that this last week will go by fast as well, but I’m ready for action and we’ll see where I’m at next Saturday.

Hang tight til next time, I’ll be here eating mangos and avocados.