San Jose Cloud Appreciation Post #2 (Week 2 Blog Post)

Week 2!

We did a lot of fun things around San Jose this week.

The day the waterfall adventure (pictured in last week’s post) we went on a walking tour of San Jose. We started in between 3 banks, and in front of a sculpture meant to evoke the hard work of the nation’s first coffee farmers.

Then we walked to Mercado Borbon, where we had lots of fresh fruit. My favorites were the starfruit, sweet passion fruit, and the coconut water. (Below)

We then went to the Mercado Central, and had ceviche and ice cream.

After that we walked around to see some cultural sites such as the national theatre, and a cathedral.

As the final stop of the tour, we went to a coffee shop for an empanada cooking class (?) after cooking some delicious empanadas, we had a coffee tasting and learned some history about how coffee got its start, and how it was made. We also heard about the different processes of aging used today in Costa Rica.

The next day we started class at ULACIT.

The 2nd day of 350 was my 21st birthday! The group here got me some amazing presents, and we went out for pizza. It was one of the best birthday celebrations I have ever had, and their thoughtfulness meant so much.

The next day had some of the best clouds I’ve seen yet! We also walked to get lunch away from ULACIT, and even though we went to an empanada store, they did not have any, so I got a taco instead.

After finishing 350 on Friday, we went bowling with Dr. Wettergreen, and were joined by Professor Bisesti.

This morning, we began 200. My group is Elliot and Izzie, and we are working on Music Pressure, and names our group Under_Pressure.

^^^I mean wow just look at that scale, a plane flew right into it and it really showed its true scale.

Nice and fluffy, right near ULACIT